Sunday, June 3, 2012

Operation Card

My youngest brother just had an emergency appendectomy. He's doing well recovering, but I thought he could use some cheering up. The game of Operation came to mind...
and then as the cogs started turning, I could see this card quite clearly. Spent some time this morning putting it together. I used the Cricut cartridge, Paper Doll Dress Up, for most of it. I did squish the hair and boxers in Cricut Design Studio and added the appendix hole. I hand cut the tweezers and added a "spring" with a couple of fan folds. I used Glossy accents on the nose and then used a pop dot under it to raise it, hoping it would simulate the light. Inside I put "bzzzzzzzzz" since I remember, as a kid, leaping out of my skin when I'd hit the side during a "surgery."



No comments:

Post a Comment