**Here is the link to this at Etsy.
Here's what I did to make mine...
- Find sheet music for It is Well with My Soul, size it to fit in frame (8x10), and print off on parchment looking paper.
- Seal that with Modge Podge. (I did this so that my letters wouldn't stick and rip the paper.)
- Cut out "It is Well with My Soul." I used Make the Cut and my Silhouette to cut out contact paper.
- Adhere words to sheet music to use as a mask.
- Paint two coats of very light color all over. Let dry.
- Mix a medium color with some glaze medium, then brush it on working in small sections, wiping it off in circular motions with crumpled cheese cloth. Let dry.
- Repeat with a very dark color/glaze mix. Let dry.
- Carefully remove the contact paper letters.
- Mount the mat. (I used clear packing tape on the back.)
- Cut the bird image out of contact paper, removing the inside part, to make a stencil. (I found my bird on Silhouette's website here. I did tweak it a bit to make the branch a bit longer.)
- Position stencil over mat and sheet music and adhere.
- Paint inside the stencil with a light brown.
- Mix dark brown with glaze and paint and wipe with cheese cloth like above.
- Remove stencil. Let dry.
- Frame it :)