Sunday, February 12, 2012

My First Attempt with Iron on Vinyl

Here is my first try using iron on vinyl. Let me just say, the Silhouette Cameo did an amazing job at cutting the detailed letters! Weeding the image wasn't as easy as regular vinyl, but not horrible. The difference was the backing was the sticky part instead of the vinyl. It is important to remember to mirror the image BEFORE cutting it out. (I remembered...this time!)

The vinyl was a Christmas gift from my daughter. I had mentioned that Pick Your Plum (a daily deal site) was selling it, in passing and she picked up on that and took the initiative to purchase it. I was very surprised!...and pleased! I pre-washed the shirt and I've run it through the laundry once since and it seems to be holding up fine so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment