Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pay It Forward Project 1: Journal Jar

I joined a Pay It Forward challenge on Facebook.  Part of the requirements of this challenge was to send a handmade project to the first 5 people who responded to my status. This weekend I got a chance to work on my projects.  My first one is for my teenage niece.  It is a Journal Jar with a coordinating journal. There are little slips of paper with topics to journal about inside the jar.
I took a jar from the Dollar Tree and spruced it up with Chalkboard Vinyl, ribbon and paper flowers. The paper flowers were cut with Make the Cut, embossed on the Cuttlebug, edged with ink and then shaped around a pencil. I glued them to a piece of foam ball that I had sliced off to give it a bit of a mound.

For the journal, I altered a composition book.  I really like Aleene's Tacky Spray for gluing the patterned paper to the covers.  I used a Stampin' Up! punch for the border on the label.
Stay tuned for the rest of the projects. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment