Saturday, March 16, 2013

Nursery Renovation

Our family took on a major nursery renovation at church recently. I actually finished the last touch up of paint this morning. I had a blast seeing the vision become reality.

My daughter and I were sitting in the nursery one Sunday morning, playing with the babies discussing what we would do to update the room. It had an awesome Noah's Ark mural theme, that had been painted about 9 years ago. It was getting pretty beat up and change sounded fun. We started taking notes...

A couple of weeks later, the children's ministry director mentioned to us that she was thinking of updating the nursery and wondered if we could come up with some ideas. I handed her the list. :)

After the week long project turning into three...here are the results. I think my favorite change is the odd little room as it became a cottage, especially the window box!

Before and after pictures at the end of the post.

Sunday School Song Theme
Chain on vinyl chandelier says "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
New sink, counter and faucet with painted cabinets.
Buffalo check valance and acrylic mirror.
Painted the shelf and added French memo board.

We changed the fluorescent lights out for can lights. Added one on a dimmer in the cottage.

So fresh and clean looking!

New toy storage..."Tubtrugs"

Jesus loves the little children, All the children of the world.
Paper Dolls from My Scrap Chick

This is a project inspired by House of Hepworth's sign.

I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy down in my heart!
Acrylic mirror from home depot, framed and topped with "My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY, There's NOTHING my God can not do!
All things bright and beautiful, the Lord God made them all.
Found this frame 17 years ago and finally found a project for it.
Before and After
Before and After (before the mirror)
Before and After
Before and After

Before and After




No comments:

Post a Comment