Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nativity Project

I've been trying to get some of my projects done for Christmas. I purchased the three Nativity sets from My Scrap Chick with this particular craft in mind. It took me a few days of planning, since this set didn't have registration marks to help with sizing. I spent a couple of weekends cutting and chalking and finally getting it assembled. I'm happy with how it turned out, but have to admit it was a LOT of work. Not sure I'll make more at this point.
Lots of Mini Brads were used for the eyes. I highlighted them with a white gel pen. I also used a ton of mounting tape to add dimension to most everything.
I used Shimmer Mist on the Angel as well as many of the Kings' elements.
I used my Zyron with the Permanent Adhesive cartridge on the star and then used Ultra Fine Prisma Glitter on it. Also...notice the mini stars. They're from a finger nail bling set from the Target dollar section.
Ran the camel saddle through the Cuttlebug and then rubbed VersaMark ink on it, before sprinkling with gold embossing powder and heated.
 I used the Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots folder on the sheep to give them some texture.
Here's the collection all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment